Jeremy loves to go backpacking and he has tried to convince me to go with him for a while now. This year I gave in and went. My mom was super nice and took care of Taylor while we were gone. Coy, our brother-in-law, came with us. We hiked down through Kane Gulch and Todi Canyon. I was worried about carrying a 30 pound pack on my back, but it actually wasn't too bad.
This wall is amazing. It is filled with tons of drawings. This picture is just a small glimpse of what it looks like.
A view from the trail
Split level Ruins.
So, I think Jeremy is crazy. On the last day of our trip we were hiking along the trail and high up in the rocks (probably at least 300 ft up) we spotted some ruins. Jeremy decided to see if he could get up to them. Now, I have no idea how the Indians ever got to most of their structures. They look impossible to reach. But of course Jeremy had to try. Coy went with him. I stayed down below and prayed they wouldn't fall.
The picture above shows where they climbed.The ruins are tucked up in the shadows so they are really hard to see. If you follow the shadow line the arrow is pointing at, you may see them.
This is the view looking down from the ruins.
Thankfully the boys made it down from the ruins safely.



0 comments:
Post a Comment